Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Icahn Prison Blues

To the tune of Folsom Prison Blues

(I was still working in Icahn when I wrote this).


                       I hear the shuttle comin'
                       It's rolling round the bend
                       And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
                       I'm stuck in Icahn prison, and time keeps draggin' on
                       But that shuttle keeps rollin', on down to Old Nassau...

                       When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
                       Always be a good boy, don't ever go to Princeton,
                       But I shot a man in Guyot just to watch him die
                       When I hear that timer beeping, I grab my pipet and cry...

                       I bet there's PIs eatin' on that fancy Nassau street
                       They're probably drinkin' coffee, and reading JCB
                       Well I know I had it coming, I know I can't be freed
                       But my cloning keeps a failin'
                       And that's what tortures me.

                       Well if they freed me from this prison,
                       If that PhD was mine
                       I bet I'd move on a little farther down the line
                       Far from Icahn prison, that's where I want to stay
                       And I'd let that lonesome timer, beep my blues away.

No comments:

Post a Comment